Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine Decor.

Are you ready for Valentine’s?  I am starting to feel it around here.  I have never decorated for Valentine’s before.  I think it’s kind of cheesy most of the time.  But yesterday I took the plunge and decided “what the heck”!  My entry table seemed so boring and colorless once I took down the Christmas decor, so I spruced things up a bit.

Entry Table cr

I actually really like it!  Nothing much.  Just simple touches.

Lamp cr

The black and red was exactly what I needed.  I really like this pin - stripped ribbon.  I got the red flower at Hobby Lobby (my favorite) and pinned it onto the shade. 

Garland cr

I pulled back out my Christmas garland.  It’s just the right touch.

Heart cr 

Does this look familiar?  I had extra frames and paper left over from my Christmas gifts (Andrea and I worked on these together over Thanksgiving)  so I put them to use for Valentines.  These frames you can get at Michaels for 1.00.  They are wood frames with a 3x3 opening in the center.  You spray the frame with spray adhesive and then lay your scrapbook paper over the top.  Sand the edges around the frame and in the center and the paper comes right off.  So easy!  You can ink the edges and sand more if you want that kind of look.  I  hot glued some ribbon around it, put black card stalk in the center and hung my valentine heart over the top (that I also got from Hobby Lobby).

Red Hots cr

Some red hots in my favorite apothecary jar with my glittery winter trees and I was done!

I had some left over ribbon and my wreath was feeling a little naked on my door so I had to fix that.  Since I love ribbon, it was the finishing touch for me. :)

Wreath

P.S. I really am going to get Jake’s birthday party post up.  I’m just procrastinating for some crazy reason. I will be back soon!

P.P.S I updated my 365 blog.  Check it out to see more of our day to day activities.

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

I agree, keep it simple for the little holidays or it can get cheesy. I just decorate my apothecary jars. I LOVE the black and cream ribbon. I am seriously dying over your frames. I love them. I will have to try it out sometime.

mama's smitten said...

Very cute! I especially like the red hots!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

So cute! Love the frame with the heart hanging in the middle. I'm about to cover a frame with some scrapbook paper. Great minds think alike!! Those red hots wouldn't last two days in my house. I am obsessed with hot candies! Yum

Lindsey Jensen said...

Good job!! I love how simple it is and I love the ribbon and flower on the lamp!!

Stephanie said...

Very cute! The ribbon & flower are my favorite :)

Andrea said...

I love the red flower and the best part is you get to wear it after the fact. I love things that serve two purposes. That ribbon reminds me of the pillow I have on my bench. I love it. Can't wait for you to get here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails